AR, VR & XR FOR ADVERTISING AND MARKETING II: CONTENT
Insight: It is possible to make inmersive content for advertisement avoiding overcosts, getting high quality and measuring the Return Of Investment. It’s important to take into account experience design features, DNA of the brand and campaign objectives to achieve the goal.
In the last article some of the most used VR systems in advertisement and marketing. Some of their virtues and values were detailed for each option in order to make the right choice, depending on available budget, expected reach and target audience.
In this article we will mention 5 good practices to consider in a VR, AR and mixed reality marketing campaign. These tips are supported by the experience achieved working for brands in Colombia and Latin America:
· Clear campaing goals: In this case, an inmersive experience is an advertisement piece. It can generate certain emotions and reactions in the user. Having in mind the goal to achieve and the values to highlight, it will determine elements like storytelling, treatment and interactions to develop.
· Consider existing material: Generating inmersive content can even triple the budget from a traditional content. To lower the price, it’s good to use existing material, may it be from commercial libraries or material owned by the company. The first case is the owned material, it can be in traditional format. Some of the ways to use tradional content in inmersive format are: Embed videos, taking art and styling references and using them as base for the narrative development.
· Inmersive = Interactive: Inmersive media are inherently interactive, it means that the user needs to take an active role in the experience. This means that in production matters, it’s vital to user-test in order to correct certain forms and understand certain interaction points, although these expectations rarely correspond with reality.
· Losing fear to begin: Sometimes clients doubt when it’s correct to implement a solution with that type of technology, thinking it might be too expensive or complex to implement. The truth is that taking the first step is easier than it may seem. The interactive nature of the inmersive media allows improvements to be done to a same content looking for more shocking experiences, a greater or new audience. Constantly developments that begin in a stand can reach sale points, to later transform into a massive campaign for mobile devices. All of this is only possible making low risk investments that improve the content and giving it new goals. Again, it’s a matter of taking the first step.
· Previously define the expected impact: Someone once said “you can’t improve what you can’t measure” Fortunately, one of the main features of inmersive media is that they’re measurable. In fact they’re 100% measurable. From the amount of users and the duration of each experience, to the hot points of the experience and the decisions the user makes, everything in the digital world can be recorded and analized. This opens a roster, yet to discover for many, that allows to improve content itself, but to obtain important insights for brands.
The next and last article of this series will be “AR, VR & XR for advertising and Marketing III: Success cases”- If you’re interested in getting information about the usage of Augmented Reality, Virtual Reality and Mixed reality for your business, send us an e-mail to: email@example.com
By: Juan Felipe Cristancho